Skip to content
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- 2017 Maryann R. Cairns, Cassandra Workman, and Indrakshi Tandon. “Gender mainstreaming and water development projects: analyzing unexpected envirosocial impacts in Bolivia, India, and Lesotho.” Gender, Place & Culture. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0966369X.2017.1314945?journalCode=cgpc20
- 2017 Maryann R. Cairns, Clayton Cox, Jose Zambrana, Joseph Flotemersch, Alexis Lan, Anna Phillips, Gordana Kozhuharova, Mihallaq Qirjo, Marta Szgeti Bonifert, and Lek Kadeli. “Building multi-country collaboration on watershed management: Lessons on linking environment and public health from the Western Balkans.” Reviews on Environmental Health. https://www.degruyter.com/doi/10.1515/reveh-2016-0053
- 2016 Matthew Verbyla, Erin Symonds, Ram Kafle, Maryann R. Cairns, Mercedes Iriarte, Alvaro Mercado, Olver Coronado, Mya Breitbart, Carmen Ledo, and James Mihelcic. “Managing microbial risks from indirect wastewater reuse for irrigation in urbanizing watersheds.” Environmental Science & Technology. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.est.5b05398
- 2016 Wells, Christian, Rebecca Zarger, Linda Whiteford, James R. Mihelcic, Eric S. Koenig, and Maryann R. Cairns “The Impacts of Tourism Development on Perceptions of Wastewater management on the Placencia Peninsula” Journal of Cleaner Production, 111(B):430-441. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0959652614008737
- 2015 Matthew Verbyla, Maryann R. Cairns, Paola A. Gonzalez, Linda M. Whiteford, James R. Mihelcic. “Emerging challenges for pathogen control and resource recovery in natural wastewater treatment systems.” WIREs Water 2(6): 701-714. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/wat2.1101/abstract
- 2016 Whiteford, Linda, Maryann R. Cairns, Rebecca Zarger, and Gina Larsen. “Water, Environment, and Health: The Political Ecology of Water.” In Merrill Singer, ed. A Companion to Environmental Health: Anthropological Perspectives.