In May 2016, an online survey was administered to The School Zone partners to help The Budd Center and its partners understand: 1) the impact participation in The School Zone has on individual partners and 2) the impact The School Zone has on students in West Dallas.
Here are a few highlights from the survey:
- 81% of respondents feel that being part of TSZ increases their ability to use school data to make programmatic decisions.
- 72% of respondents feel they are better equipped to meet the needs of clients because of their TSZ participation.
- 85% of partners are collaborating at least once a year; more than half collaborate at least once every three months.
The survey also helped us to identify areas of growth for The School Zone. In 2016-17 we are focused on strengthening two of these issue areas:
- 57% of respondents feel that the efforts of The School Zone partners are aligned and that group accountability exists.
The CEO Council is tackling the accountability question in The School Zone.
- 20% of respondents feel they receive effective training on how to make programmatic or instructional changes based on The School Zone-provided data.
The Budd Center has hired two interventionists who are providing training and special supports for TSZ partners who are intent on improving their use of data to make program decisions.
For the full report, click here.