• Any individual may nominate an alumna and/or alumnus for this award.
• Nominations must be received by mail by December 31, 2017, for consideration in 2018.
• To build a strong candidate file, the following is suggested (not required): a minimum of two support letters, bio or resume, magazine, newspaper or website articles.
• The honoree is announced in late spring and is honored at the annual Distinguished Alumni Award Dinner which takes place on the Thursday evening of Homecoming Weekend.
• Once nominated, the individual’s name remains in rotation for a total of three consecutive years, including the initial year in which the individual was nominated. After that time, the individual may be nominated again should his or her class year fall within the past 15 years.
Contact SMU Alumni Relations with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 214-768-ALUM (2578).