Hi, I'm Faith from Garland, Texas

pp2
I want to study: Chemistry

My first day on campus: My first day at SMU was the start to an incredible chapter in my life. I took a tour around campus, attended a couple of classes, spoke with professors who welcomed me with warm smiles and a cheerful attitude, smelled the roses while walking up and down the boulevard, and got lost while enjoying the breathtaking views. While my mother and I tried to find our way around campus, a wonderful young lady went out of her way and walked us to our next meeting. At that moment I knew SMU was the school for me. I loved the enthusiasm of the students and how they went out of their way to make me feel part of the SMU family!

Want to get involved in: I love to participate in SMU clubs and organizations. I am involved in the SMU Ambassador Program, Dedman College Ambassadors, Chemistry Society, Minority Association of Pre-Health Students, Alpha Lambda Delta, National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Indian Student Association, and Wesley Foundation.

Inspired by: I am inspired by my mother who goes above and beyond to make a difference in the world. She has taught me to give back to my community more than I have received, and I am so thankful for all of her lessons and guidance.

Career goals: I want to be a medical missionary. Ever since I was a child, I have had a passion to go live and serve in a developing country. I would like to be a surgeon and provide pro bono surgeries to families around the world. My community has blessed me with a plethora of opportunities and I hope to help and inspire other people I meet as well.

Most excites me about college: I love how I have the opportunity to learn in an environment where professors are passionate to share their pearls of wisdom, there are several opportunities to make friends, and I can always meet someone new! SMU is my family as well as my home away from home.

SMU can help me: SMU will teach me, nurture me, and provide me with the education, opportunities, and tools I need to be highly successful in the community. I am blessed to attend and be a part of such a magnificent university!