Catherine

On 9/11, I was sitting in my 4th grade class listening to my teacher. She got distracted by the sound of the TV in the computer room next door and went to see what was going on. She came back crying and described that two planes had flown into the World Trade Center in New York. I didn’t fully understand it at first. I thought it was some sort of horrible accident. It wasn’t until I went to PE that day and the PE coach talked about the events with us did I realize that it wasn’t an accident, but an attack. I was in shock. I couldn’t understand how people could do such a horrible thing to others and themselves. As soon as I got into the car after school, I asked my mom every question I could. I turned on the news as soon as I got home, trying to understand what happened. The one thing I could grasp was the pain and sadness people felt. I felt. I was sickened by families being torn apart and the destruction the attacks had caused. I remember wanting to do anything to make it better and joining the nation in unity against the attacks. As the years go on, I am still trying to understand how people could cause such destruction.

This entry was posted in Students. Bookmark the permalink.